DJ Stu Allan’s Top 10 EVER Hip Hop tracks*
Written by ThaGods on 20th June 2011
Stu Allan will be responsible for more cassette usage by our ‘more mature’ listeners than any other DJ we’d be willing to bet. Hours were spent every week in front of the cassette deck with a fresh D90 on Pause/Record waiting for Stu Allan to drop bombs. And for that, we salute him!
We were really chuffed when Stu agreed to give us a Top 10 EVER. Stu is an extremely active DJ and has a cult following in both Hip Hop and club fields, a feat not many DJs can pull off well. The selection was tough, but Stu selected tracks which meant a lot to him over his career… whether it’s a track which was massive in the clubs, or one which meant a lot to him personally.
Check out Stu Allan online here:
Stu has given us his top 10 EVER Hip Hop tracks, check them out:
10. Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five – ‘The Message’
9. Mantronix – ‘Needle To The Groove’
8. Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock – ‘It Takes Two’
7. Young MC – ‘Know How’
6. Public Enemy – ‘Public Enemy No. 1’
5. Eric B & Rakim – ‘Follow The Leader’
4. Big Daddy Kane – ‘Raw’
3. West Street Mob – ‘Break Dancin’ – Electric Boogie’
2. Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force – ‘Looking For The Perfect Beat’
1. Malcolm McLaren & The World Famous Supreme Team – ‘Buffalo Gals’
We ran through all of these on the 8th show, 18th June 2011… Also featuring Oli Byrne and Damon Savage on the wheels!
It was a tough list for any DJ to put together but the sheer level of experience and dues paid by Stu makes this list a real treat, so we’d like to say thanks for sharing this exclusively with An Evening With Tha Gods!